Friday, July 17, 2015

Palamos

      My trip to Europe was seriously just so amazing, and I know it's taken me forever to share with you all but I am finally doing it. I am finally just sitting down and typing away. No distractions. So after we landed in Barcelona on May 29, I was completely dead. I had never had jet lag before, and my first experience was not pleasing. We drove for two and half hours to Palafrugell where the Millian-Morales family live. It is so beautiful there. Just a small Spanish town about fifteen minutes from the sea.
    After Mrs. Carmen's amazing lunch and a very much needed nap, we headed out to Palamos. The town is right on the sea, and has a beautiful port full of sail boats.
       There was a fish market where the fishermen take the fish strait out of their boats and into the ice to sale. And trust me they were fresh. You could smell it from a mile away. But it was super fun to see all the different creatures of the sea.
We walked around for awhile exploring Palamos and their beautiful streets and shops.


      We decided to eat at a restaurant overlooking the port called Bar Los Caracoles. It was adorable! Everything was white with glass for walls so light could shine through. We had what they call "tapes" which is just plates of food that everybody at the table shares. There was Prawns, Calamari, Potato Bravas, Croquettes, and Fried Anchovies. I don't know if the food on the plane was just that bad, or if the food there was seriously amazing. It tasted so good. I highly recommend this restaurant if you visit Palamos.

      After dinner Mr. Albert wanted to take us to Pals, where he lived as a boy. It used to a be a castle, yes, A CASTLE! The town was surrounded by a moat. There were cobblestone streets and flowers everywhere. It was beautiful!

 

xoxo. Jade!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jade Turner. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig